Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
Kin Advocacy (formerly known as Ethnic Disability Advocacy Centre/EDAC) is a community-based agency that provides statewide advocacy services to people with disability from ethno-culturally and linguistically diverse (ELD) backgrounds, their families and carers. Kin Advocacy also works with other agencies to raise awareness of issues impacting on people with disability from ELD and Aboriginal backgrounds.
Kin Advocacy is seeking a full-time Business Services Manager. This is a newly created position to manage the agency’s administrative functions. The Business Services Manager will lead business development, develop business plans and budgets, manage the Business Administration Team, manage business systems, reporting, marketing, communications, facilities and assets, and procure external services when required, executed in alignment with the agency’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures. The Business Services Manager will work under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Challenges & Complexities
The key challenges and complexities faced in delivering this role in the context of the responsibilities highlighted above are:
- Keeping operations running smoothly and avoiding major disruptions
- Remaining agile and flexible to respond to new challenges and priorities
- Building trust and collaboration with agency workforce
- Clearly manage staff expectations
- Responding appropriately to multiple stakeholder needs
- Managing external goods and service providers
- Ensuring risks are managed as a core part of business administration
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
The Business Manager will need to have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Working with a CEO and Board of management
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Developing strategic and business plans and budgets
- Developing business systems for a service organisation
- Financial, facilities and asset management of a small to medium-sized organisation
- Managing compliance and reporting for a small to medium-sized organisation
- Working in one or more community service organisations
- Planning and Budgeting
- Quality Management
- Information Management
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Reporting and communications
- Facility and Asset Management
- Relevant Tertiary qualification (such as Finance, Management, Leadership, Business Administration)
- Understanding of the Financial Administration and Audit Act (FAAA)
- Understanding of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act and other relevant Human Relations legislation and policies
- Contemporary legislation and policies related to disability and multiculturalism
The position is based at Kin Advocacy’s headquarters in Osborne Park
Salary: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 8. Salary packaging options are available within ATO limits and guidelines. Regular support, training and professional development opportunities are provided.
Kin Advocacy is an EEO employer and has an affirmative action policy that applies for people with disability, ethno-culturally and linguistically diverse and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
A Job Description Form (JDF) can be obtained by emailing: [email protected] or by phoning: (08) 9388 7455 or freecall 1800 659 921. For further information about this position please contact Wendy Rose on (08) 93887455 or freecall 1800 659 921.
To be considered for interview, applicants must make claims against the Selection Criteria in the JDF and attach a resume detailing work history, including the names and contact details of two professional referees. Applicants must have permanent residency or citizenship of Australia.
Applications can be sent electronically to the “Chief Executive Officer” at [email protected] or alternatively be posted to Chief Executive Officer, EDAC, PO Box 228 Osborne Park WA 6917.
Applications must be received by 5.00pm AWST on Friday 6 August 2021.