Skip to main content
creative image of two women sitting around a table talking

Disability Royal Commission Support

The Disability Royal Commission has been set up by the Australian Government to look at what should be done to stop people with disability from experiencing violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation. Anyone living with disability, a family member or carer who have had any of these experiences is encouraged to share their story with the Disability Royal Commission.

What is the role of the Kin?

The Royal Commission knows that coming forward to share your experience is a big step and free help is available. Kin has received funding from the Department of Social Services to provide advocacy support to people with disability who may need extra assistance to tell their story to the Disability Royal Commission. Kin is a safe space where you can be assured that your confidentiality won’t be compromised.

How can Kin help you?

An Advocacy Officer at Kin can help you:

  • understand how to tell your story to the Disability Royal Commission
  • find supports to help you with communication, such as interpreters
  • find someone to help you if you need counselling support
  • find someone to support you if you have any legal issues emerging from the story that you are wanting to tell

Advocacy Officers don’t make decisions for you or tell you what to do.

Why tell your story?

By sharing your experience and providing feedback to the Disability Royal Commission, you will be helping the Commission to be better equipped to look at ways of making our society better for people with disability

What do you need to know?

You can call us about making a submission: 1800-659-921

You also can fill in the online referral form.

To find out more about the Disability Royal Commission’ click here.